As classrooms become more diverse, it is increasingly important that students learn how to empathize with others who may come from very different backgrounds. Teaching Empathy:
- Guides teachers to create and maintain classrooms in which students are sensitive to the needs of others.
- Shows teachers how to create an environment of empathy and understanding for 21st-century students.
- Uses relevant research and ideas for classroom activities.
- Offers advice for working with diverse students.
- Discusses cognitive, emotional, and compassionate empathy, as well as emotional intelligence.
- Considers the long-term global impact of cultivating empathy in students.
With its focus on creating positive change in students and classrooms, Teaching Empathy is the perfect resource to nurture perceptive, caring, diverse, and globally minded students.